Friday, March 24, 2017

I Love (Other People's) Dogs

Has it been almost 4 years since we have had any pets?!? The time has flown. Every so often I still get the idea that it would be fun to surprise my boys, especially Camden, with a dog. But then I remember how nice it is to not have to buy pet food and pay for vet bills (room in the budget is always a plus!).  And how nice it is to walk freely through our yard because there are no land mines - I don't even have to nag my kids to feed the dog or walk the dog or scoop the backyard.  And when we go out of town?  We just leave. No pet sitters. It is so wonderful.

I love dogs.  I really do.  And after being a dog-owner for 13 years while being a busy mom, I have decided that right now, I love other people's dogs.

I actually enjoy dog sitting for other people.  It gives us a little fix and then we can give them back.  Kind of like grandkids, from what my elders tell me.

I love it that we can love other people's dogs - favorites include several neighborhood dogs and our piano teacher's dogs.  I don't even care when Drew comes home from scouts covered in dog hair after having Moose, the St. Bernard, think he is Drew's lap dog.  I think it is wonderful! I throw his shirt in the wash and continue living in my nice, dog-hair free (and not because I had to vacuum two times a day) house. 

So thank you to everyone who has a dog and allows us love and enjoy them.  

At piano lessons - Beefy thinks he is a lap dog.  He weighs about 150 lbs.


Lily always greets Emmie at the door. These two dogs are so sweet and patient with us. Do you see how Emmie covered Lily up with her coat?


Sometimes Lily jumps up on the couch to snuggle with me.  I think Tyler is a bit jealous.


For the record - and for my kids that think I am an animal-hater. It's just that currently I feel like it takes all of my strength and energy to be a wife and mother, so right now I will just enjoy other people's dogs, and I am so glad that my children can do that, too.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I want Lily to snuggle with ME.