Sunday, January 17, 2010

Better than toilet paper

Drew locked himself in the bathroom this afternoon. It took me a few minutes to get the door open. I tried knocking. "You can't come in!" I tried unsuccessfully picking the lock. I got Callie to come pick it. She opened the door and I saw...
Callie went from expert lock-picker to baby handler as I freed my hands 1) to get the camera and 2) to get the 2 year old to come back and help clean up the mess. Can you believe there was no broken glass? He did manage to flush the toilet before escaping the crime scene. And all of this was just after getting him out of the stereo cabinet where he had done some fun stuff with our CD's. Where is this child's mother?!?

I love it that he watches as I post these pictures. Comments range from "What a mess!" to singing the chorus of "All Creatures of Our God and King".

4 comments:

Pattie said...

I love reading about all the "normal" days in your life. And now I know where to get extra lightbulbs when I need them. HAHA

We definitely need to have a playdate soon!

Maria said...

OH WHAT A FUNNY GUY! Suzanne I don't know how you hold it together so well but it's wonderful to be able to step back and laugh. We sure love your example!

Tom and Sue said...

Oh it's been too long since I've been on your blog! It was so fun to catch up on all the stuff that's been going on in your fun little house! Sure miss those cuties!!!!! I saw an old pic of Tyler the other day, and thought it looked just like Jacob. Funny how that works. :D By the way, think you could spare your Mandi? We could sure use one here!

Tom and Sue said...

Oh it's been too long since I've been on your blog! It was so fun to catch up on all the stuff that's been going on in your fun little house! Sure miss those cuties!!!!! I saw an old pic of Tyler the other day, and thought it looked just like Jacob. Funny how that works. :D By the way, think you could spare your Mandi? We could sure use one here!