Thursday, July 2, 2009

Because everyone needs a good laugh sometimes


From the May 2009 Reader's Digest (they have the funniest jokes):

After my four-year-old and I turned the department store upside down looking for a bathing suit for me, we finally found a black-and-white one-piece that we both liked. I tried on the suit and modeled it for her. It was a hit.

"Mommy, you look so pretty!" she squealed. "You look just like Shamu the whale."

Kind of reminds me of when I was pregnant with Jacob and we had just been to visit the Cincinnati Zoo. I was getting ready for church one morning when Callie came bouncing into the bathroom. "Oh, Mom, you look like a big, pretty manatee!" Guess what her favorite exhibit was at the zoo. It truly was meant to be a compliment, I think.

Jacob just calls it like it is. My round tummy is a favorite topic of discussion at our house. The other day all the under-aged crowd was commenting on it. Jacob piped in, "Yea, and if you didn't have any arms or legs, you'd be like a ball and we could bounce you around and throw you way up in the air!" Obviously what the scale is registering doesn't register in his little brain. And I am rounder than the picture shows -- this photo is old news by about six weeks.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love it! Thanks for the smile:-)

Maria said...

HAHA out of the mouth of babes! Well your pregnant figure is only round in the right, cute baby holding, places!

Tom and Sue said...

So sweet! At least it's not Ty telling you that you look like a manatee! I'll take it from my kids...the husband is a different story. The pic of you & Jacob is very cute!